HELP US SHIFT THE PARADIGM: 100 PREVENTABLE TRAFFIC DEATHS A DAY IS NOT OK
It’s not OK that 40,000 people lose their lives each year in the U.S. in preventable traffic crashes.
Help us shift this paradigm from one that values the speed of automobiles to one that prioritizes safe mobility for all road users.
Since launching four years ago, the Vision Zero Network has helped grow the number of U.S. Vision Zero communities committing from 4 to more than 40. We’re shaping the first national-level goal of zero traffic deaths. And we’re influencing elected leaders, media, advocates and other influencers across the nation to prioritize human lives over speed.
Slowly but surely, we are seeing improvements in how policies are set, streets are designed, and funding is allocated.
Clearly, though, we have so much more work to do. Changing the generations-old paradigm of car-centric policies and planning that put speed above safety isn’t easy or quick.
- Developing hands-on resources that influence how communities interpret and implement their Vision Zero plans, policies and practices.
- Facilitating peer exchanges for Vision Zero staff from around the nation to share ideas and save precious time not re-creating the wheel.
- Offering local communities practical support, including speed management workshops,
- Providing free informational webinars benefitting practitioners and advocates.
- Coaching communities one-on-one on the what, where, why & how to make Vision Zero effective in the U.S.